Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Lieberman, Independent for U.S. Senator: will it hurt the Democrats in November?

Today Sen. Joe Lieberman officially filed to be an Independent for a 4th term. Many feel this will draw support away from democtrats in November. Most Dems have switched support to the Dem. nominee Ned Lamont to support their party. Lieberman calls this typical partisan politics. Among those to switch support is fellow Connecticut Senator Christoper Dodd. He stated "I don't like the result, but I'm to have to support the result". He doesn't support his so called friend's decision on making an Independent bid for the senate. He says "I'm still Lieberman's friend but I have to support the party." I feel that is just because he wants to make a presidential run in '08, but who knows. So far according to polls it is just going to be a race between Lamont and Lieberman and the Republican Challenger Alan Schlesinger will finish in a distant 3rd. The latest Quinnipiac Poll before the priamry showed Lieberman 51%, Lamont 27%, Schlesinger 13%. This shows a landslide for Lieberman, but the latest Rasmussen Reports poll before the primary showed Lieberman 40%, Lamont 40% and Schlesinger 13%. Now either people can change their minds in a hurry or someone has an error. I'm a die hard Lieberman supporter after last night, even though I'm a republican so I will end with vote Joe Lieberman, Independent for U.S. Senator!

No comments: