Sunday, October 08, 2006

2006 Midterm Election Update










With all my polls and interviews I have drifted away from the midterm election, but I'm to discuss them. Well it looks like a pretty grim year for the GOP. Scandal after scandal has plagued them. It looks as if the Democrtas will regain the U.S. House and is getting close to the U.S. Senate. U.S. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi has already formed her agenda for her first 100 hours as Speaker of the House. Many house Democrats have begun drafting articles of impeachment for the president, which I feel are ridiculous and a waste of time. If the democrats go through with the impeachment I feel this will become a do nothing congress and I will lose all respect I had left for them. Republicans still are full of scandals and I am starting to lose faith in them too. I will am thinking of becoming a registered independent. This weekend several debates have taken place. In Texas the 4 major contenders for the job of governor met to debate in what is most likely the only debate they will be featured in. Politics-Central gives the win of the debate to Governor Rick perry for just staying quiet. Democrat Chris Bell perfromed well also. I think the independents could of performed better. Kinky Friedman finally got a doise of real politics. He faced critizm on his staff about how barily any colored people are on. He didn't know his facts and just copied Bell's answers and tried making friends with only to have Bell turn on him. Independent Carole Keeton Strayhorn also stumbled with the time limit always being interupted. She also didn't even know the name of the president-elect of Mexico Calderon, but I still liked the fact of her non-partisan issues so I will not remove her from our endorsement list. In California GOP Incumbant Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and Democratic State Treasurer Phil Angelides met and debated. I will give the win to Gov. Arnold. He cleaned up his act from the Recall debate and actually stuck with the issues. He didn't say anything he shouldn't of and actually seemed to leave Angelides dumb founded. I have recieved a new found respect for the actor-turned politician. I didn't see the Tennessee Senate Debate, but from what I hear Bob Corker won.

No comments: